What Happens When Mom Is Sick? All Aboard The Mac & Cheese Train!Selena Mills
I dread getting sick. Not for the actual being sick part either. For the accumulation of mess that occurs while I am sick. The amount of macaroni and cheese that gets proposed for dinner time when I’m just too slovenly, snotty, feverish and straight up ill to be bothered with disputing over what’s to eat.
As I type a slow wave of nausea is coursing throughout my stomach coupled by that of a slight twinge of guilt. The dishes clang and and he whistles. The he being my partner who will do any and all things to go the extra mile and take over house, home, and kids when I’m sick.
But it’s not the same. He’s an excellent father. Just not so much a cook and cleaner. Oh, he’ll do the dishes and take out the garbage like a mofo. I’m the foodie. I have a deep and loving attachment to the kitchen and cooking real food for my family. One that I’m learning to take with a little more stride. Because tonight? Tonight, while I had moments of feeling a bit better, I contributed some protein and vegetables into the serving of mac and cheese. So I was okay with it with part of our dinner being pre-fab.
I had a growing sense of knowing that this is the way things are supposed to be when a mom is sick, or has work deadlines to crunch or is perhaps just too dang tired with making five star meals every single night. Powdered cheese and all (even if it’s organic, because peoples, it’s still powdered), is always a hit – no matter how much that messes with my culinary sensibilities.
All I’m saying is that it doesn’t have to be that complicated. A mom can still feel like complete and utter garbage and throw together a decently healthy meal for her family. With or without the help of a partner or someone else. In the end, we’ll all survive from ingesting said powdered cheese and the floors will stay un-swept, floors un-mopped and laundry not put away.
As long as I have enough energy for this…I’m good.
More Babbles From Selena…
- 5 Ways To Encourage Sibling Playtime
- Cute Dad Alert! On The Importance of Live Music For Toddlers
- 5 Tips For Baking With Toddlers
- Rabbit & Bear Paws: Graphic Novels & Early Reader Book Series for Toddlers
- Moms Have Dreams Too Yo
- #RealMamaLife: When Toddlers Think They Can Do Everything
- Giveaway! Glow-In-The-Dark City Blocks: CLOSED, Winner Announced!
- The Best Balance Bikes For Toddlers
- An Ode To Sleep Deprived Parents
- 7 Ways We Ended The War on Food
- The Ultimate Rain Gear For Toddlers
- 10 Tips For Gardening With Toddlers
- It’s Hunting Season! For Toddlers!
- Solar Powered Rules! Toys for Tots
- The Best 15 Bathtubs For Toddlers? We Found Them.
Elsewhere on the internets…
Via her humble beginnings, mastering in general mayhem: le petit rêve