Last weekend served as a big milestone for not just my kids. Me too. It was my first time making Pow Wow regalia, and their first time stepping out as “tiny tots” into the circle at a Pow Wow in regalia.
To learn more about Pow Wow regalia, see more pictures of my creative process and personal journey regarding it all, visit me over on my personal blog.
It was last month when I first started the Young Native Family Series here on Babble, starting with a selection of tiny tot Pow Wow dancers from my local community. It was an honor to become a part of that and I look forward to our continued journey together as a family with our local community and circle.
I hope to continue to share some of the Native traditions that we hold dear as a family, as parents during the early years. As a culturally blended and multiracial family that struggles the same as many do. To shed some light and understanding on the experiences that we consider to be monumental milestones as a Native people. I may look white, (SO WHITE!) but this is the part of my Indigenous roots that I and my family identifies with the most, wherein I (and thankfully my partner), feel the most naturally connected in living an authentic way of life.
To share our stories just like, you, you and you. I’m currently pretty sure that there is nothing cuter than tiny tots decked out in Pow Wow regalia. Which, I am of course partial to, given that the images below are of my own children.
The over-the-top cuteness of my toddler siblings is hard to deny. Am I right?
More Babbles From Selena…
- Playing With Food: 7 Cute & Creative After-School Snack Ideas For Toddlers
- 10 Tips To Foster Your Child’s Speech Development
- The Fun Dinnertime Activity That Gets My Toddlers To Eat
- Big City, Big Adventure: Toddler Edition
- DIY Glow In The Dark Hula Hoops
- Back To School Shopping With A&W
- 10 Tips For Turning Your Toddlers Onto Music
- H&M Launches Online Shopping AND a Home Decor Section. REJOICE. (Oh and also my picks for toddler bedrooms.)
- The Most Incredibly Condescending, Sexist and Problematic Article Ever
- 10 Tips For Raising Healthy Eaters
Elsewhere on the internets…
Via her humble beginnings, mastering in general mayhem: le petit rêve