***Giveaway Closed! A big congrats to Becky for winning!!***
Almost three years ago I won giveaway through Facebook, it was for a custom painting of a treasured toy or possession, and it’s turned out to be one of the few things I’ve won that I truly enjoy every single day. I’m SO excited to be giving one of these amazing paintings away to one of you. Jennifer Maher is the brilliance and talent behind Your Toy Portrait, custom paintings of treasured toys and loveys. (She does pets too!) Last month she painted Vivi’s bunny, and I couldn’t be more in love with it. It’s one thing to take a photo of bunny, it’s another thing to have his scruffy fur and tilted head hand painted and hanging on my wall forever. While this is an amazing gift for any child or parent, it’s even more fun to keep it for yourself. Back in 2010 when I won the giveaway I had her paint my childhood teddy bear, Snuffles. The old boy is almost 30 years old and deserved a little recognition.
Curious to see more of Jennifer’s work (including Snuffles and Bunny?) click through and start thinking about what you would have Jennifer paint if you were to win this special giveaway. If you’re sucker for the toys kids love the most (and sometimes to shreds) her site is a magical place to spend some time.
nggallery template=’carousel’ id=’131561′
Your Toy Portrait by Jennifer Maher 1 of 11I mean, couldn't you hang ALL OF THESE on your wall even if they weren't your toys?
My childhood bear, Snuffles. 2 of 11I received Snuffles the Christmas before my parents got divorced, which really isn't all that important except to say it's probably the last toy I ever got from both my parents. Womp.
Snuffles, in acrylic. 3 of 11When I won the giveaway for a custom toy portrait back in 2010 I knew immediately it was going to be of Snuffles, with his rubbed off nose, bald spots and sewn on grin. His portrait sits in Vivi's room and I look at it everyday. It's one of my most treasured bits of nostalgia in my home.
Vivi’s Bunny 4 of 11This is Vivi's bunny after a bath. Bunny had kind of a rough night, poor bunny. But it captures everything I love about bunny, perfectly. Especially since we had a spare bunny with us to soothe Vivi.
Bunny in acrylic 5 of 11I mean, I loved the original photo, BUT THIS. Oh my she did an amazing job. This one hangs in my front room, so everyone can see it. Vivi points at it everyday and screams "BUNNY!" Even when Vivi moves on and moves out, I will forever have Bunny as a part of my life.
Bunny and Beary 6 of 11Those Jellycat bunnies man, they are popular little loveys. This is another piece Jennifer did for a client.
Blaster 7 of 11Nothing says a treasured toy has to be a lovey, how amazing would this little robot look hanging in a child's room even if it weren't someone's favorite toy?
Boba Fett 8 of 11I'm not a total Star Wars nerd, but I'm nerdy enough to know how cool this is.
Ham and Taro 9 of 11Anime toys may be even cuter when painted. Just an observation.
Peter Rabbit 10 of 11THIS.
This is my most favorite ever. That is a little bunny who has seen a lot of love. His little face, his little jacket. Everything about this is perfect.
Cowboys 11 of 11What childhood hasn't involved these Little People? No one's, that's who.
1. To enter, leave a comment on this post below telling me about what you’d have Jennifer paint. Does it have a name? How old is it? Where did it come from? Who did it or does it belong to? (Comments are moderated, please allow 24 hours for your comment to appear.)
2. Only 1 (one) entry per person is allowed.
3. The Giveaway begins upon this post being published and ends Monday April 8, 2013 at 10:00 PM EST.
4. One winner will be chosen at random on or about Tuesday April 9, 2013 and contacted via email with the address provided. Winner will then have 48 hours to confirm prize acceptance, if confirmation is not received in the allotted time another winner will be chosen until prize is claimed. Winner will be announced upon acceptance.
6. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Odds will depend on the number of eligible entries See the complete general rules and eligibility requirements that apply to all Giveaways here.
Portrait will be 8 x 10 acrylic on canvas. Winner will be required to provide a non-flash photo of the chosen toy to Jennifer ($110 value.)
Find more of Casey’s writing on her blog moosh in indy or her Babble Voices site Shutterlovely. She’s also available on twitter, facebook, flickr and Instagram. If you can’t find her any of those places? Check the couch, she’s probably taking a nap.