You look at the calendar and realize that it’s now the end of August and the last holiday of the summer is literally days away. Do you go for one last family trip before school starts, or if school has already started for some of you, do you pack up and head out for that last hurrah? I say, most definitely, especially with these last minute Labor Day travel deals! Before you know it the snow will be flying, so make the most of this amazing weather while it’s still here!
Last minute getaways don’t have to cost a fortune, in fact there are quite a few travel ‘steals and deals’ out there that have just recently been announced. I’ve scouted out the best of the bunch and wanted to share them with you in case you are looking to getaway this weekend.
7 last minute Labor Day travel deals:
- Omni Hotels are offering a special Labor Day weekend sale where you can save up to 30% off your stay, depending on how long you stay. Save 10% off for a one-night stay, 20% off 2 nights or 30% off a three-night stay from August 29 – September 8, 2013.
- Looking for a trip filled with family fun? Head to Florida and stay at the Nickelodeon Hotel, where rooms are on sale right now starting at $108 per night. While you’re in Orlando, visit Sea World on Labor Day as they are offering a special weekday rate of $50 instead of the weekend price of $92.
- CheapOair has a special deal going on that includes airfare and a 4-night stay at the Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa. The price: $1,106 per person.
- Washington, D.C., is a great place to spend Labor Day weekend! THe 25th Annual DC Blues Festival commences this Saturday (August 31) and provides great music for the entire family. Speaking of music, on Sunday you could enjoy a free concert thanks to the National Symphony Orchestra. They will be playing on the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol at 8 p.m. (no tickets required as it is a free event). Head to Orbitz.com to price out hotels in Washington and use promo code: SPF#15 while you are at it (you’ll save 15% off their best hotel deals).
- Save on flights with Frontier Airlines. They are offering one-way flights starting at $99 from August 29-September 3.
- Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams are playing at the Fountainebleau Miami Beach on September 1st. The hotel is offering an exciting package including accommodations for the weekend, 2 passes to the concert, a pool party and other perks. Visit Fontainebleau for more info.
- Book with Palladium Hotels and stay at either the Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa or Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino to receive a 30% discount.
Photo credit: Omni Hotels
Find more of Nadia’s writing on her site Child Mode. You can also find her on Disney Baby and Hip Baby. Love social media? So does she! Follow her daily on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest.