Mom Fair for Moms Reentering the Work PlaceKathleen Celmins
I recently got the chance to talk over email about Mom Fair, a job fair and conference aimed at moms who want to reenter the workforce after taking time off to have a baby.
I like the idea of it, because it addresses a key issue: how to stay relevant in your career (or how to become relevant again) without sacrificing your happiness at home. It helps bridge the gap between working moms and stay-at-home moms.
If you’re in LA, or you’re planning on being in LA on October 3, and you’re a mom, you should go! They have limited tickets available, but as far as I know, they’re not sold out yet. Find out more information here.
Here’s what Laura had to say:
We have heard from so many Moms over the past 3 years about the challenges of being a working Mom, or wanting to go back to work and not knowing where to start, how to find flexible work opportunities, how to get the support you need and balance it all. There is no easy answer. But we can at least pull together experts and resources and solve one problem, one Mom at a time.
Just like we did with MomAngeles, we have created an online resource where we hope working Moms can go to find answers for their specific concerns or questions. Introducing TheMomFair.
We hope you will join us….and a LOT of fantastic experts and Moms on Thursday, October 3 at the DoubleTree in Culver City for MomFair: Job Fair and Conference where you will hear from our Speakers and Experts, attend Speed Recruiting sessions (resume in hand) with local recruiters, have an opportunity to be mentored One-On-One by a career counselor or mentor and network with other Moms who are also looking to #GetBacktoWork!
What’s happening at the event:
- FREE MomAngeles Mommy Cards (valued of $35) to every attendee so Moms can get “perks” for being a Mom.
- Prizes! Our raffle features great prizes from our event partners and sponsors plus Queen for a Day with Queen Latifah.
- Keep the party rocking in the Mommy Lounge with hot tunes from FanLALA where you can meet our sponsors and partners.
- UrbanSitter is providing childcare for children ages 0-3 at the event (limited to 20 kids). To include story time with Books&Cookies, author Sarah Maizes of “On My Way to The Bath” and Usborne Books.
- Fitness Bursts! Keep the energy revving up throughout the day with a chance to try out the Kaia Fit signature moves. Featuring a special appearance by Juicy Kaia creator Neda Soderqvist.
- Shopping! Get ready for the ultimate trunk show ladies! You can shop for Work from Home Opportunities like Winnie & Kat, Stella & Dot, Usborne Books, Rodan & Fields, lia sophia, Nerium, Melalauca, NYR Organic, Primerica, Legal Shield and many many more. Find products and services you love so much that you want to sell them yourself!
Special guests and speakers including Michelle Patterson of California Women’s Conference, Kimberley Blaine of TheGoToMom, Samantha Ettus of Working Moms Lifestyle, Kristin Cruz, morning DJ on KOST 103.5FM and many many more.