Being a grown up is a lot of fun in a kid’s eyes, but let’s be honest, even my kid knows that I abhor running errands. Stopping at the dry cleaners and waiting in the humid sauna of a line is no fun for anyone. Looking for a spot at the grocery store while a shopping cart dents your door is the absolute worst.
If my six year old can see no redeeming factor in getting things done, even with the promise of a black and white cookie at day’s end, it’s hopeless. Or is it?
1. Don’t call it “running errands,” call it “Beast Mode.” 1 of 5
Seriously, it makes everything infinitely more fun.
2. If you can’t find a parking spot right away, instead of getting frustrated, crank up the music in the minivan and SING. 2 of 5
Better yet, rap. You have swag. Now, own it.
3. Instead of crossing items off your list, cover over them with homemade emojis. 3 of 5
There is nothing more fun than sketching a knuckle pound.
4. When you’re all done, treat yourself to something nice. 4 of 5
My weak spot is coffee.
5. Give yourself a high five…. 5 of 5
..... and get ready to do it all again tomorrow.
All pics taken by Eva Glettner.