There is truly nothing sadder than a child being harmed by products that we moms assume are safe and well-tested. Yesterday, I read the story of a five month old baby suffocating to death in a PeaPod Travel Tent. This little boy was the same age as my son is now, and I can’t even begin to imagine the grief his family must be experiencing today.
I had actually planned to get one of these tents for our upcoming lake vacation this summer, but clearly now I will find something better and safer. It makes no sense that the bottom half of this tent isn’t made of breathable material, and with the sides being flimsy and unstructured, I can see how a little guy wasn’t able to push himself off the wall he rolled into. Truly heartbreaking.
The product hasn’t been officially recalled just yet, but Amazon has removed it from it’s product catalog. Be safe, moms!