It’s a typical weekday morning. You’re packing lunch for your boy with one hand, and braiding your girl’s hair with the other. Just when you think you might be superhuman, you go and put mayo in her hair. Oopsie. Hey, it smooths flyaways like coconut oil, right? You shake it off, and hand them over to your husband for drop-off.
Now you only have a few minutes to look profesh before heading to the office, business lunch, or whatever the day brings. These 11 five-minute hairstyles are for you, and are as gorgeous as they are easy. And no using the old teething ring in your pony!
1. French Braid Bun: This two-in-one hairstyle is for the days you want to have a pulled back look with a little side flair.
2. Low Rolled Updo: This chic librarian style is made by making an old school topsy tail and then continuing to pull the pony through it.
3. Triangle Bobby Half Up: We used to hide bobby pins. Now the trend is to show them off. All you need are three bobby pins and a few seconds time!
4. Crown of Braids: Whether long or short, curly or straight, this headband style is sure to look beautiful.
5. High Ponytail: Upgrade your pony by giving it some height and covering up the tie. It’s a soft and simple look for any outfit.
6. Twisted Updo: This twisted and tucked style looks lovely on naturally curly hair. It’s a little more difficult than the others but worth the effort for an extra special day.
7. Beachy Side Braid: Take a tip from LC, and create this one-sided French braid by continuing to grab hair from one side as you braid.
8. Multi-Braided Half Updo: This is so creative. Make two different braids (French and fishtail), which then become a bun … mind blown!
9. Half Up Knot: Knots is a big trend in hair. Your tot can even help out with this one!
10. Tuck and Cover: This is our favorite style because you get two for one! Twist your hair around a headband. That’s it! Be sure to sleep on it overnight, and when you take it out the next day, you will have pretty waves.
11. Twisted Top Knot: Up your top knot game by adding a braid. Bonus: the braid will add extra volume to the hairstyle.More On