Are you a master of eyeliner? Have you perfected the cat eye with liquid liner?
If not, here are 5 tricks to help you become an eyeliner pro!
5 Tricks to fool-proof eyeliner
1. Start with a smooth, soft liner. Avoid pencils or eyeliner that drag too much along your lid.
2. Prop your elbow on a hard surface, or rest the edge of your palm on your cheek. “Grounding” your hand will ensure a smooth and steady line.
3. When it comes to liquid liner, take small strokes and expand the cat eye as you work. Follow the natural angle of your eyelid to extend the cat eye.
4. Using a thin angled brush with gel liner will ensure a smooth line. Gel eyeliner can be a great alternative to kohl/pencil, but make sure you find the best brush for the job!
5. If your eyeliner looks too harsh, dust a light layer of eyeshadow (in whatever color is on your lid) over top. That will soften the dark line, and make any smudges less noticeable.
Eyeliner is a great way to add thickness to your lash line and define your eyes. The biggest mistake you can make in wearing eyeliner is to only apply it to your lower lash line. Always ALWAYS apply liner to both your top and bottom, or just the top. Eyeliner on your lower lash line only can pull your eyes down and make you look tired.