At this point you’ve either developed a significant tan or, if you are like me, are still about the same level of paleness as you were at the start of the summer.
Personally, I find the risks of skin cancer, wrinkles, and other skin issues that come with a beautiful summer glow do not outweigh the benefits. I would much rather have fewer wrinkles, and a more even complexion later in life than have a tan for a few weeks in the summertime.
As a pretty darn pale girl, here are my tips for rocking your milky complexion:
1. Wear a high SPF. I’m talking 75spf or higher. If you aren’t going to bother with getting a tan, embrace a really protective SPF.
2. Buy a bright colored bathing suit. Something that flatters your skin tone and will make you feel great.
3. Rock big sunglasses. And maybe even a large floppy hat.
4. Keep your skin hydrated by drinking lots of water.
5. If you feel insecure about your paleness, consider a self-tanner just to take the edge off the “paleness”. I like Jergens Healthy Glow.
Enjoy your time in the sun knowing you protected your skin!