7 Don’ts of Oil PullingTamara Floyd
The benefits are numerous from detoxifying, providing sinus/allergy relief, boosting metabolism, whitening teeth, soothing aching gums and the list goes on. Although, it’s beneficial to practice oil pulling there are some very big don’ts of oil pulling:
- Don’t swallow the oil. Its loaded with bacteria.
- Don’t gargle oil (you don’t want the oil to touch the back of your throat) for the same reason above.
- Don’t aspirate the oil, either. Its possible to develop pneumonia as a result of those toxin-loaded particles getting into the lungs.
- Don’t stop brushing. Oil pulling in addition to brushing and flossing are the best ways promote oral health.
- Don’t spit oil in the sink or toliet. Oil can easily clog pipe.
- Don’t oil pull if you’re allergic to certain oils or are hypersensitive to strong tastes.
- Don’t be too overzealous. Start at you personal comfort level. If you can’t do 15 mins, try 10 or 5 mins first.