Drugstore Beauty Picks From Beauty BloggersChristine Mikesell
I love the drugstore. I love wandering the beauty aisles, looking at the displays of new products and discovering new (to me) products. A new amazing lipstick for $8? The perfect eye shadow or a primer to make my foundation flawless? Count me in! When I find a great product, I have to share that find with everyone I know. I wanted to know the best drugstore beauty picks of some of my favorite beauty bloggers, here’s what they had to share!
Drugstore Beauty Finds 1 of 22
Have you found an amazing product while browsing the aisle at your local drugstore? There are some real gems out there! Some of the top beauty bloggers share their favorites.
Beauty 411 2 of 22
1. Nivea Lip Butters, Caramel Cream Kiss: Long-lasting moisture and shine for your lips, along with four of the most delicious flavors, like Caramel Cream!
2. L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Nail Polish: The colors are well-pigmented and fashion forward, the application and wear are excellent.
3. CoverGirl Clump Crusher Mascara: So hard to find a mascara that doesn't clump, but this one truly doesn't! The brush is exceptional.
- Nancy,Beauty 411
Beauty Info Zone 3 of 22
1. L'Oreal Infallible 24 Hr Eyeshadows: Most of these are shimmery but there's no fallout. For a special glow try Eternal Sunshine or Bronzed Taupe.
2. Milani Eyeshadow Primer: Everyone needs an eyeshadow primer, it makes your shadows last longer and intensifies colors. This is a great drugstore alternative to the more expensive ones.
3. Maybelline Color Show Nail Polish: For under $4 you can get the trendiest nail polishes that last as well or better than department store ones. I'm especially drawn to Bold Gold in the Holographic line and to Keep Up the Flame in the regular line
4. Hand Perfection by Ellen Sirot: Ellen Sirot is a hand model that created her own hand care line. She later reformulated it to make it more affordable. The products, especially the Nourishing Day Cream, are emollient yet don't leave your hands sticky. Perfect for the upcoming colder weather.
- Marcia,Beauty Info Zone
FutureDerm 4 of 22
1. Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner in Black: I've been using this since I was 16 years old. I've switched to other brands, including those sold at Sephora, but this formula just lasts and lasts. Even better, it doesn't require a sharpener!
2. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunscreen in SPF 100: It is true that a higher SPF doesn't necessarily constitute a better formula, since SPF only measures the UVB protection, and longer UVA waves are the ones you should worry about. At any rate, I've found this sunscreen to be ultra-tolerable for my sensitive skin. It also doesn't smell, which my coworkers appreciate!
3. Neutrogena Night Calming Makeup Remover Towelettes: I work 50-100 hours each week. I'm dead tired when I get home, so it's great to have these wipes. No need to lather up, moisten a washcloth, and mop off - these are swipe, swipe, swipe, and I'm slapping on retinol and headed to bed!
A Girl’s Gotta Spa 5 of 22
1. Revlon Luxurious Colorsilk Buttercream Hair Color: What's not to love about a home hair color that not only has no eye-stinging ammonia scent, but provides a healthy shine that will fool even your closest friends into thinking you went to the salon? My hair looks nothing short of amazing!
2. CoverGirl Outlast Nail Polish: Imagine a nail polish that doesn't require a base or top coat that lasts about a week! CoverGirl's Outlast Nail Polish is a money saver (not to mention mani saver!) My favorite at the moment is Constant Caribbean, a gorgeous teal color.
3. CoverGirl Clean Whipped Creme Foundation: Due to large pores, liquid foundation has never really been an option for me. After years of simply using powder foundation, I discovered CoverGirl's Clean Whipped Creme Foundation and it has been love ever since. My skin looks flawless and so silky smooth!
- Shannon,A Girl's Gotta Spa
Gouldylox Reviews 6 of 22
1. La Roche Posay Anthelios 50 Daily Anti-Aging Primer with Sunscreen: Sure, it's $40, but it protects your skin, holds on to your makeup and gives you a flawless, airbrushed finish.
2. Dove Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner: I'm the queen of thirsty hair and I've yet to meet a more hydrating product that isn't an oil.
3. Maybelline Mega-Plush Mascara topped with Salma Hayek's Ultra Defining Mascara: This combo truly gives great volume and length without smudging or smearing.
4. Revlon Photo Ready BB Cream: This BB cream is hands down the best the drugstore has to offer. If you want flawless skin, a dewy complexion and a face that lasts the day, this is the BB cream for you.
- Kelly,Gouldylox Reviews
La Roche Posay Anthelios 50 Daily Anti-Aging Primer with Sunscreen $39.99
Dove Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner $7.49
Maybelline Mega-Plush Mascara $6.39
Salma Hayek's Ultra Defining Mascara $9.79
Perilously Pale 7 of 22
1. Maybelline Color Whisper Lipstick in Lust for Blush: I didn't think I was a fan of sheer lipsticks until I tried the Maybelline Color Whisper Lipsticks which are glossy, moisturizing, and offer a healthy hit of colour.
2. Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Hot Tamale: The Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush powder gel formula gives the most beautiful, natural, glowing finish and has the coolest spongey texture.
3. Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream in Light: I have tried many BB creams from drugstore to high end and this hydrating, dewy finish, bb cream with SPF 30 and adequate coverage is my absolute favourite.
- Christa,Perilously Pale
Pammy Blogs Beauty 8 of 22
1. Wet n' Wild's "Walking on Eggshells" Eye Shadow Trio: Wet n' Wild eyeshadows are total gems: high end quality at a drugstore price! These shadows are highly pigmented with an almost-buttery powder texture. "Walking on Eggshells" contains my perfect everyday go-to neutral shades: vanilla, brown, and peach.
2. Milani's Baked Blushes: Milani's Baked Blushes are fabulous! These blushes are extremely pigmented and long wearing. Luminoso, a soft and beautiful luminous peach, is one of my favorite blushes in my collection.
3. Cover Girl LashBlast Fusion Mascara: While I adore all of CoverGirl's "Lash Blast" mascaras, Lash Blast Fusion is my favorite. It gives me separation, volume, and length. Plus, it never smudges!
- Pammy,Pammy Blogs Beauty
Wet n' Wild's "Walking on Eggshells" Eye Shadow Trio $2.99
Milani's Baked Blushes $7.49
Cover Girl LashBlast Fusion Mascara $7.19
Phyrra 9 of 22
1. Jesse's Girl Eyeshadow Primer: This is a quality primer that's on par with Too Faced Shadow Insurance for a fraction of the cost!
2. Milani Shadow Eyez: These pencils make awesome bases for duochrome shadows and I love that some of them are matte.
3. NYX Rouge Cream and Powder Blushes: I love these blushes. The powder blushes are soft and easy to blend. The cream blushes give a beautiful, natural flush.
Pink Sith 10 of 22
1. Maybelline Fit Me Foundation (#110) and Powder: It feels light and looks natural and works for almost any skin type. Plus the wide selection of shades makes it very easy to find your perfect match!
2. Vaseline/Petroleum Jelly: There are so many beauty uses for this "wonderproduct" My favorite is to make a colored balm with a lip liner and a little Vaseline for a sheer and natural look.
3. c. Booth Ginger Sugar Body Scrub: Aside from it smelling amazing this sugar scrub is loaded with moisturizing oils to both exfoliate and moisturize at the same time. I love the way my skin feels after using this scrub.
4. Spa Sonic Skin Care System Face & Body Polisher: A body and face brush that manually exfoliates for softer and clearer skin all for under $40? Sign me up! I love the multiple attachments for face and body, but seriously love how inexpensive, yet high quality this system is!
- Pink Sith
Polish Insomniac 11 of 22
1. Hands down my favorite drugstore eyeshadow is Wet n Wild! The Silent Treatment palette is everything I could ask for in an eyeshadow palette - a neutral shimmer, a gorgeous taupe, and a gorgeous brown to use as a liner!
2 & 3. Some of my must-have hair products are from the drugstore! I can't live without my L'Oreal Cleansing Conditioner and Not Your Mother's Kinky Moves to transform my wimpy waves into sexy curls!
4. Essie makes some of my favorite polishes - and now you can buy them at the drugstore! I especially love the LuxEffect polishes that give you a high dollar look for drugstore pricing! Essie As Gold as It Gets is one of the best!
- Jessika,Polish Insomniac
Raging Rouge 12 of 22
1. Nivea A Kiss Of Cherry Flavored Tinted Lip Care SPF 10: I am a lip balm addict! This emollient lip balm has an SPF, a delicious cherry scent, and a touch of sheer red color. It's my latest go-to!
2. Rimmel London Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal: These eye pencils deliver intense, color that blends well and sets to a waterproof finish!
3. Burt's Bees Cranberry & Pomegranate Sugar Scrub: I first sampled this product as part of an inexpensive holiday value set, and was instantly smitten! This sugar scrub feels amazing on the skin, and has a zesty fruity scent that is a morning eye opener!
- Jen,Raging Rouge
Beautiful Makeup Search 13 of 22
1. L'Oreal Paris Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain: This long lasting lip color applies like a lipgloss, feels like a lipgloss, but lasts like a stain - all day!
2. L'Oreal Paris Revitalift Miracle Blur: This makeup primer makes my skin so soft and wrinkle free so my makeup goes on easily and looks almost airbrushed.
3. CoverGirl Clump Crusher by LashBlast Mascara: I love this clump free mascara because I can pile it on to get super long thick lashes and never worry about clumping.
- Teri,Beautiful Makeup Search
Geniabeme 14 of 22
1. Revlon Lip Butter Cherry Tart: I love this lippie because it make my lips so soft and pretty, it's the best of both worlds! This is the product that turned me on loving red lippies!
2. Milani Baked Shadows Green Fortune: I love this shadow because it produces the most unique color, it looks gorgeous on when foiled.
3. Milani Ultrafine Liquid Eyeliner in Prismatic Purple: I love this eyeliner because it stays put on all day and it comes in a variety of color to add that POP to your everyday look!
Prime Beauty 15 of 22
1. Boots No.7 Lift & Luminate Foundation: This foundation has great coverage, good lasting power and a beautiful finish. It does not eliminate my wrinkles but it does make my skin look smooth and radiant.
2. Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner: These eyeliners are creamy with no tugging or skipping, last 8 hours and are available in great color rich shades. The nude shade is a dupe for the tarte's Inner Rim Brightener at a third of the price!
3. Maybelline Color Whisper Lipsticks: Maybelline Color Whisper Lipsticks have a lovely balm texture, good coverage, great hydration, and an unbeatable price. Pin Up Peach has become a staple in my makeup bag!
- Cindy,Prime Beauty
Product Girl 16 of 22
1. Rimmel Apocalips: There's plenty to love in each tube; richly pigmented creamy lip color that gives a nice sheen but goes the distance like a matte lipstick. I bought them all and mix them together.
2. Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets: These sheets don't deposit any powder on the skin and the payoff is seeing just how much oil is absorbed, unlike some other papers where you can't tell!
3. Eucerin Gentle Hydrating Cleanser: This face wash is gentle and doesn't strip skin but it is also super effective. It removes all of my stubborn eye makeup in a breeze.
- Carla,Product Girl
Blushing Noir 17 of 22
Blushing Noir 1. Wet N Wild Mega Shield Lip Color: These have excellent coverage and are creamy and moisturizing. You'd never know this lip product was only $2.99!!! Ring Around the Rosy is my fave.
2. Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo 24HR Cream-Gel Shadow: These are excellent colored bases for your shadows. They wear like iron and make otherwise sheer eye shadow shades POP!
2. Infinity Pro by Conair Curl Secret: This is likely the only device I've ever seen that does all of your thinking for you. It tells you if you have too much hair in the barrel, it curls up the hair for you and then let's you know when it's time to release your hair. The end result is beautiful curls that last all day.
- Brooke,Blushing Noir
Cosmetically Challenged 18 of 22
1. Iman Cosmetics Lip Affair Palette: This palette contains 5 gorgeous power shades of lipsticks that offer great pigmentation. For five dollars you can't ask for anything better.
2. Maybelline Color Tattoo Pigments: Color Tattoo Pigments because they offer a great range of shades with awesome staying power that don't break the bank!
3. Milani ColorStatement Lipsticks: Milani's new colorstatement lipstick line has a shade for every women. Each is packed with moisture and loads of pigment. My favorite nude shade is Teddy Bare!
- Melody,Cosmetically Challenged
We Heart This 19 of 22
1. Revlon Really Red Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick: Everyone needs a classic red lipstick. This one is beautifully pigmented with a gorgeous creamy texture that's rare to find with mattes.
2. Eucerin Original Healing Repair Creme: With the consistency of Marshmallow Fluff, this heavy duty creme has been moisturizing skin for over 100 years! It's melts into skin, is fragrance free (so it doesn't clash with your perfume) and is my go-to when I need some serious repair.
3. LypSyl: I have probably tried every lip balm known to womankind! Lypsyl is my absolute favorite. This European brand has a slight minty flavor and is extra creamy thanks to organic shea butter and coconut oil. I love the oval shape and the bee shaped slider too.
- Stef,we heart this
Blushing Basics 20 of 22
1. CoverGirl Eye Shadow: The color payoff is great, the blend-ability good and the price can't be beat. My absolute favorite of the bunch is Champagne.
2. Almay Liquid Eyeliner : The Almay liquid liner is my saving grace. Introduced to me by my best friend in 9th grade, this eyeliner is inexpensive, easy to apply and has one of my favorite applicator tips.
3. L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara: This has been and always will be my favorite mascara. Not only does it sculpt, curl and load every lash, it does it for less than half the price. Honestly, I do not buy department store mascara because I have yet to find one that I love as much as I love the Voluminous.
- Kristie,Blushing Basics
My Beauty Bunny 21 of 22
1. Wet N Wild Eyeshadow: Wet N Wild is inexpensive, but don't let that fool you. The eyeshadows are highly pigmented and come in a nice variety of shades. Plus, each color is labeled for browbone, crease or eyelid, so makeup newbies will know the easiest way to wear it!
2. Physician's Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush: The jury's still out on whether or not this actually boosts your mood, but it will give you a gorgeous glow at a beautiful price!
3. Milani Liquid Eye: These eyeliner pencils go on like a liquid - very easy to use and highly pigmented! At this price, you can afford one of each shade!
- Jen,My Beauty Bunny
Wet N Wild Eyeshadow Trio $2.99
Physician's Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush $11.99
Milani Liquid Eye $6.99
Cybele Says 22 of 22
1. Ardell Accent Lashes: If you have problems applying false lashes, their Lash Accents may be the answer to giving your eyes a little more glamour once in a while. Instead of a full strip, which some people find hard to apply, the length of these lashes are about half of that. Just apply some of the glue to the band, let it set for about 30 seconds and using tweezers, lay them along the outer part of the top lash line. Easy peasy!
2. Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Sticks These sticks not only moisturize lips but give them a nice hint o' color and the scent, yum, light peach! And they claim your lips will be in better overall condition using this stick for three days and I have to say I agree.
3. Veet Fast Acting Gel Cream Hair Remover: If you're tired of shaving your legs and other areas of your body every time you climb into the shower, why not visit the category of depilatory creams? Veet has a Fast Acting Gel Cream Hair Remover that not only dissolves the hair in as little as 4 minutes but theirs don't have the bad smell of yester-year. So how does staying stubble-free for more than a week sound to you?
- Cybele,Cybele Says