How to Apply Cheek TintsAlli McGinnis
Makeup can be intimidating at times. Blush is one of those products that I find women steer away from because they aren’t quite sure how to apply it. Blush can add so much vibrance and life to your face when used correctly. There are three types of blushes you can use. Traditional powder blush, cream blush or a cheek tint. One of my favorite benefits of a cheek tint is that they can also be used on the lips. Who doesn’t love a 2-in-1 product? Follow my 5 easy steps below on how to apply cheek tints — and click through the slideshow to see my favorites!
- Step 1: Find the apple of the cheek. If you look straight ahead the apple starts about an inch down from the center of your pupil. You should feel your cheek bone there too.
- Step 2: Apply a small drop of tint to the apple of the cheek.
- Step 3: Use your middle finger and lightly blend the cheek tint up the cheek bone toward the temples.
- Step 4: If desired, continue to add more tint to intensify your look.
- Step 5: Use your finger to smudge a small amount of tint to the lips for the perfect pout.
Image by Lux Wright
Becca Beach Tint 1 of 5
This creme stain tint is lightweight for blendable coverage. Blend onto the lips and cheeks for the perfect tint of natural color. I'm lusting over Becca's newest shade, dragonfruit. It's the perfect poppy pink!
Get it at Becca Cosmetics $25.00
Benefit Benetint 2 of 5
Benetint is an oldie but goodie. The first tint on the market and to this day still one of my favorites. The brush applicator makes for an easy application.
Get it at Benefit Cosmetics $30
Josie Maran Argan Oil Cheek and Lip Tint 3 of 5
Tarte Cheek Stain 4 of 5
This cheek stain has been the longest running #1 stain to makeup artists across the globe. The gel-like formula leaves a dewy finish with a hint of color.
Get it at Tarte Cosmetics $30.00
Revlon Baby Stick 5 of 5
You can't beat the low price point of this creamy and sheer lip and cheek tint. Available in several beautiful vibrant colors. You will want to own them all.
Get it at Revlon $9.00