Summer is here, and no one wants to spend too much time putting on makeup only to sweat it off in minutes. Now I’m not saying just because the temperature is rising we should go bare faced, Im simply stating there is a way to enhance ourselves without the meltdown! Lets put our best face forward with these easy-to-follow steps to achieve the perfect summer glow — with enough time to spare for some summer fun.
- I like to use double-duty products so opt for a moisturizer with a built-in broad-spectrum sunscreen of at least SPF 30. This will cut down your steps and protect you from the harmful damages of UVA and UVB rays which can cause serious health issues and premature aging!!
- Apply a lightweight foundation or a tinted moisturizer. Many beauty companies have armed us with BB and CC creams. The best part is, if you choose a tinted moisturizer or BB or CC cream, you can skip step one!
- The quickest way to brighten your entire face is to lose the dark circles. Choose a lightweight under-eye brightener that contains light-reflective properties. This step will give you that “my baby slept all night” look.
- Bronzer is a must. This will give you that fresh-from-a-vacation look or enhance an already-there tan. When applying your bronzer, focus on the areas the sun will naturally kiss your face. I love a matte bronzer as this will also help slim out my face (who doesn’t want that?!).
- Coral and peach are my top choices of summer blush shades, as they work beautifully on all skin tones. Using a coral/peach blush will give you that glowing-from-within look. It’s healthy, youthful and just so darn pretty!
- Don’t neglect your eyebrows; they frame your face. Brush them in the direction of growth and fill in any sparse areas. Avoid choosing a color that is too dark (Black seems artificial).
- Apply 1-2 coats of mascara for an instant eye opener. Use a waterproof mascara, since this will help you avoid looking like a raccoon by the end of the day.
- Finish off with a coral/peach lipstick and or gloss. I like to dab it on versus swiping; this will give it a stained look, which is very natural and won’t end up on your teeth!