Actress and singer Katharine McPhee ushered in this year’s summer solstice — the longest and brightest day of the year — by lighting the “Lipton Sun” at the Summer TASTE Party hosted by Lipton Iced Tea® last week in Manhattan. The giant luminous orb was created in partnership with the world-renowned PRATT Institute to celebrate the endless possibilities that accompany summer’s bright moments.
My bright moment of the night was chatting with Ms. McPhee, who looked divine in blush tones with luminous, flawless skin. The former Smash star graciously shared with me the secrets of her gorgeous complexion. Turns out, finding the right skincare routine is trial and error even for the A-list!
After experiencing a lot of breakouts during the first season of Smash, McPhee began using a Clarisonic.”I realized I was going to bed with makeup still on my face.” She said. “Using the Clarisonic completely changed my skin, and I had no problems the second season.” I myself just started using a cleansing brush and it really is an incredibly gentle-yet-effective way to ensure a deep clean. Don’t want to spring for a Clarisonic? Try the Spa Sonic, a less-expensive alternative.
Another one of McPhee’s can’t-live-without products is Laura Mercier’s Secret Concealer, a moisture-rich concealer designed specifically for the eye area. Katharine says it helps her cover up discolorations and dark circles after early morning and late night rehearsals: “Working on Smash was really demanding. We rehearsed all week long and sometimes on weekends.”
If you’re as bummed as I am that Smash was cancelled, fret not. When I asked McPhee if she was bitten by the “Broadway bug” and has real Broadway musical aspirations, she confided, “I have tremendous respect for Broadway. I love the stage. I’m just waiting for the right role.”
Looks like we haven’t seen the last of this talented beauty.
Photo via Insider Images/Andrew Kelly for Lipton.
More from Jill Seiman on Babble Beauty this month:
- 5 Festive Makeup Products for Fourth of July
- Summer Beauty Tips from 5 of Hollywood’s Most Sought-After Makeup Artists & Hairstylists
- Lauren Conrad’s Summer Beauty Favorites
- Short & Chic! How to Determine if Summer’s Hottest Hair Trend is Right for You
- 5 Superfoods to Eat for an All-Over Summer Glow
- Sun Safety: Top Rated Sunscreens for the Entire Family
- Highest Rated Makeup Products With SPF
- 20 Beauty Products & Trends You Should Try This Summer
- Grooming Gifts for Men
- 10 Stylish Toiletry Bags To Sail Away With This Summer