1, 2, 3 Easy Pizza Breadsticks!kathypatalsky
Kids and adults will love this easy vegan snack or meal. These pizzas are long and skinny and fun to eat, and they are loaded with melty cheese and colorful classic pizza toppings. Easy Pizza Breadsticks can be made in a flash and in just three easy steps. Get the steps below, as well as a few pizza breadstick tips and ideas!
These vegan breadsticks are made using vegan Daiya cheese (it melts!) and vegan pepperonis. The soft breadsticks are from Trader Joe’s. A few ingredient tips…
* If you cannot find soft breadsticks, you can easily make your own using pizza dough. Try this make-ahead pizza dough recipe.
* For vegan “meat” toppings try: vegan pepperoni, vegan sausages and even some vegan fried chick’n from Gardein!
* Sauces: try marinara for a classic sauce you can use leftover pasta sauce for this! Or get creative by using homemade pesto, BBQ sauce or even spreads like hummus, salsa and refried beans.
* Veggies: Feel free to load up on the veggie toppings. Try broccoli, olives, chopped tomatoes, diced onion, fresh basil, kid-friendly pineapple tidbits and more.
* Oven Options: You can make these pizzas in either your oven on the broil setting, or in a large toasted oven. If in a bind, yes you could use a microwave but I’d advise toasting the bread in a toaster first, then adding the toppings and finishing in the microwave just to melt the cheese (just for a few seconds so the bread doesn’t get chewy.)
* Kid-Approved! Let your kids assemble their own pizzas! Kids will love adding their own toppings and watching their pizza creations melt and bubble into pizza bliss in the oven.
Vegan Pizza Breadsticks
Step One. Slice your breadstick(s) in half.
Step Two. Slather on the pizza sauce. Sprinkle the cheese. Place those toppings! Optional: add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Step Three. Bake your pizzas! Place in your oven on broil for about five minutes. Rotate or move around the pizzas every minute, so one spot doesn’t burn under the broiler. OR you can simply toast them in a toaster oven until cheese melts. If using a microwave, see my tips above.
Enjoy hot from the oven!
photos: Kathy Patalsky
More on Family Kitchen: