Chances are, you’ve had the pleasure of biting into a warm, just-made donut at your favorite pastry shop. But, I dare say, if you haven’t bitten into a warm donut that you’ve made yourself, you haven’t lived. It’s time to take action!
For your donut-eating pleasure, here are 13 irresistibly classic donut recipes you can make at home!
1. Classic Yeast-Raised Donuts: Before you can make the real donut magic happen, you’re going to need a great yeasted donut recipe. Once you have this basic recipe down pat, the sky’s the limit (donut-wise, at least).
2. Homemade Mini-Donuts: Make your own light and airy mini-donuts at home with this easy recipe!
3. Apple Fritters: Recall your days at the fair with this classic apple fritter recipe.
4. Honey-Dipped Donuts: This is it — the ultimate glazed donut recipe, made here with a wholesome honey-dipped twist.
5. Baked Chocolate Donut Holes: This reduced-guilt baked version of chocolate donut holes is the perfect finger food for casual brunches.
6. Homemade Sprinkle Donuts: Here’s how to make the donut that every kids wants from scratch. Try this simple recipe for a sweet, kid-pleasing classic.
7. Baked Maple Cinnamon Donuts: Few things are as comforting as a cinnamon donut, and this baked version means it is totally fine for you to have two.
8. Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes: Cinnamon sugar donut holes are the perfect finger food for laid back parties!
9. Chocolate-Dipped Donuts: If chocolate is your thing, this is the donut for you! Homemade chewy donuts are ah-mazing when smothered in an incredibly rich chocolate glaze!
10. Nutella-Filled Donuts: Why stop with just chocolate when you can have hazelnuts too? Simply put, these Nutella-filled donuts are the bomb.
11. Sufganiyot: Jelly-filled donuts may not be receiving the respect they deserve. Set things right and make this irresistible Sufganiyot recipe stat.
12. Apple Cider Donut Holes: Watch out! These little apple cider donut holes are downright irresistible!
13. Apple Cider Donuts: Though apple cider donuts are usually more of a fall treat, these deep fried wonders are totally delicious any time.