In case you hadn’t heard, spiralizing is all the rage right now. This method of turning vegetables and fruits into noodles allows cooks of all ages and skill levels to whip up creative, healthy, and delicious meals — our favorite thing to do!
While the ease of spiralizing is enjoyed universally, it’s especially great for busy mothers trying to feed their families something that will both satisfy the taste buds and nourish the body (which can be tricky!). It offers the best of both worlds — that same great flavor, without the processed ingredients! For example, spaghetti and meatball night turns into zucchini noodles and meatball night. Though equally delicious, this dish is lower in carbohydrates, sugars, calories, and fats — but higher in important nutrients, like dietary fiber and vitamins.
Most importantly, spiralizing is quick! It only takes a few seconds and then it’s ready to cook. Spiralized vegetables can even be prepped in advance, so weeknight dinners can come together in minutes. It’s fun, simple, and a fresh perspective on healthy eating!
Here are 19 of my favorite spiralized recipes, some fresh ingredients, and a little bit of imagination:
1. Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower with Sweet Potato Noodles: Buffalo wings are snack favorites, because of their slightly spicy BBQ flavor. However, they can be filled with processed, unhealthy ingredients. This dish takes the same great flavor and transforms it into a main course — as a clean-eating friendly, vegan dish, using spiralized sweet potatoes as pasta and cauliflower as the “wings.”
2. Butternut Squash Noodles with Brussels Sprouts, Walnuts, and Caramelized Onions: Caramelized onions and Brussels sprouts come together to make a luscious combination — add spiralized butternut squash and walnuts and you’ve got a dish that’s fresh, filling, and full of rustic flavor.
3. Creamy BLT Zucchini Pasta: What’s better than a creamy, rich BLT? Making it guilt-free! Ditch the bread and toss in some crunchy, light zucchini pasta to transform this American classic into a satisfying new favorite.
4. Savory Parsnip Chive Waffles: A new twist on an old favorite — introducing the Parsnaffles! Savory waffles are a delicious way to enjoy “breakfast for dinner.” Parsnip noodles, eggs, and chive fuse together to create waffles that are fluffy, warm, and full of flavor.
5. Italian Zucchini Pasta Salad: When they eat this pasta salad, your family won’t believe they’re not eating real pasta! This dish brings together traditional Italian ingredients to create a pasta salad that’s everything you want — salty, zesty, tangy, refreshing, light, filling, savory, and crunchy!
6. Thai Quinoa and Zucchini Noodle Salad: This is the perfect zucchini noodle Thai salad. The colorful bowl of noodles is packed with vegan protein. And the creamy almond sauce complements the good balance of crunch from the fresh zucchini and fluffy texture from the quinoa.
7. Chicken Pho with Daikon Noodles: This pho is one of those “quick and easy” recipes that is spot-on with flavor — perfect for busy families on the move! Personalize this recipe to suit your family’s unique taste. Each bowl is guaranteed to be packed with savory flavor!
8. One-Pot Basque Chicken with Red Potato Noodles: This dish was dreamt up out of a goal to cook from one pot! The chicken has a succulent light brown sear and the broth helps soak the potato noodles, tomatoes, onions, and peppers so that every bite has a velvet-like consistency. It’s delicious the first time around and ideal for reheating!
9. Vegetarian Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai: My vegetarian pad Thai will totally satisfy your pad Thai cravings. It’s flavorful and easy to make. Zucchini noodles work perfectly at absorbing all of the delicious sweet and tangy sauce.
10. Tortilla Espanola with Chorizo: On those weekend mornings when your family wants a more eventful breakfast, this is it! This tortilla espanola is packed with Spanish flavor and a lovely smokiness from the chorizo. Spiralizing potatoes couldn’t be easier (goodbye mandolin!), and this breakfast dish freezes well for future meals.
11. Spicy Asian Chicken Turnip Noodle Soup: For those cold nights when you need a warming bowl of chicken noodle soup, here it is — with a healthy, spicy twist! This soup has an Asian flare and comes together nicely in one pot, for easy cleanup.
12. Ginger Seared Salmon in Miso Broth with Jalapeño-Scallion Relish: The warmth and savoriness of this miso broth infuses the zucchini noodles as they boil together. The jalapeño-scallion relish adds a tangy, earthy taste to go along with beautifully, flaky seared salmon.
13. Chicken Zucchini Noodle Soup: This truly is the best version of chicken zucchini noodle soup ever. Kids will love it! The recipe is super easy, quick, and has that filling, comforting feeling you’d expect from the traditional recipe — minus the processed noodles, extra carbs, and calories!
14. Apple Tuna Salad Bell Pepper Sandwich: This will be your new favorite way to eat a sandwich. The combination of sweet apple, mild Greek yogurt, crunchy celery, and savory tuna is unbeatable. Stuffed in a bell pepper, this take on a sandwich creates one refreshing bite. Make a big batch and pack it for school lunches this week!
15. Garlic-Parmesan Roasted Potato Noodles: Let’s face it: chopping, cubing, dicing, and slicing potatoes are monotonous. Now enter: potato noodles! The taste of potatoes transform when they’re in noodle shape. Tossed in simple spices and dusted with Parmesan cheese, these roasted garlic potato noodles will be a hit at any potluck!
16. Garlic Broccoli Noodles with Toasted Pine Nuts: You’ll never look at broccoli the same way again. This recipe is so comforting and flavorful, you’ll be amazed at how good broccoli can taste — especially with the dusting of pecorino Romano cheese.
17. Vegan Kale Caesar with Sweet Potato Noodles and Crispy Spiced Chickpeas: There’s something about a spicy, crunchy chickpea that’s inexplicably addicting! The sweet potato noodles paired with the spicy chickpeas bring protein and texture to this salad. Vegan Caesar dressing tops fluffy kale to create a Caesar salad that’s flavorful and packed with nutrients.
18. Jalapeño-Citrus Golden Beet Salad with Crab, Avocado, and Almonds: This is a shockingly tasty meal. The citrus vinaigrette brings out the freshness in the crab, and the fragrant toasted almonds give each bite a healthy crunch. The crab’s lean and light protein, and the avocado’s soft and plush healthy fat come together to create an unbelievably delicious combination.
19. Winter Kale, Sausage, and Butternut Squash Lasagna: Lasagna gets a new twist that your family will love! This is definitely one of my top five dishes. Butternut squash creates a gorgeous pasta-like consistency and the sweetness pairs immaculately with the sweet Italian sausage. The kale adds its superfood nutrients and lovely green color, while the ricotta stuffing adds a fluffy and creamy consistency, creating that quintessential lasagna texture. The dish is filling in the healthiest way possible!