2 Minute Chocolate & Salted Caramel Mug Cakebellalimento
Did you see our list of 10 Tasty Mug Cakes in Minutes? Well I have another one to add to that incredible collection. It’s a salted caramel chocolate mug cake that takes just 2 minutes to make. It’s rich, decadent, and oh yes delicious. The recipe makes 1 mug cake in a regular sized coffee mug. It will take you 5 minutes top to bottom. How’s that for quick and easy!
If you can’t find salted caramels, you can sprinkle a little fleur de sel salt into the mixture as you’re dropping in the caramels. I like a little sprinkling of it on top of my cake too. (I can’t get enough of sweet and salty together.)
Salted Caramel Mug Cake
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg – beaten
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 salted caramels
1. Into a small bowl add: flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, salt, egg, milk, and vegetable oil. Mix to combine.
2. Pour mixture into a regular sized coffee mug. Drop caramels into center of mixture one at a time.
3. Microwave on high for one minute and 30 seconds. If needed (if cake batter is still gooey), microwave on high for up to an additional 30 seconds.