3-Ingredient Candy Cane Truffles … Made in the Microwave!Brooke McLay
If your house is anything like mine, the holidays are insane. Modern-day mommyhood looks less Martha Stewart and more circus clown during a juggling act. With work, school, and kids happening 24/7, I don’t always have time to slow down long enough to look at Pinterest — let alone attempt some of those must-try-them-now treats. As much as I want to be the ultimate neighbor, toting and doting up and down the cul-de-sac with plates of homemade treats, the reality is … I just don’t have time to do Christmas.
That’s only true if I insist on baking everything from scratch. Thanks, but no thanks. The truth is, there are a few totally simple holiday shortcuts that are wicked divine. And one of those is my “top-secret” three-ingredient recipe for Candy Cane Truffles. You can make any kind of truffle with this recipe: chocolate sprinkle dipped, hazelnut topped, or white chocolate slathered.
With this super-simple recipe, you can be walking out the door with a gorgeous plate of homemade holiday goodies in less than an hour … ready to wow the neighbors like the kitchen queen you are.
Here’s how to make them. Prepare yourself. It’s crazy simple!
3-Ingredient Candy Cane Truffles
Quick, simple, and elegant, these truffles can be prepped in the microwave and made in minutes!
Makes: ~ 12 truffles
- 1 cup high-quality dark or milk chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup crushed candy canes
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips and cream together, cooking in 30-second bursts until the chips melt. Stir until smooth.
- Place in fridge until the mixture firms, about 15-30 minutes.
- Scoop tablespoon-sized mounds of the chocolate using a mini ice cream scoop, then roll into balls.
- Roll balls in crushed candy canes.
- Store in fridge until ready to eat. Best when eaten within 12 hours.
Additional Topping Ideas: Make different varieties of truffles by rolling yours in unique toppings. Here are a few of my favorites: rainbow sprinkles, chocolate sprinkles, cacao nibs, chopped nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, or pistachios), mini rainbow chips, and holiday sprinkles.