At times, parenthood can be crazy and chaotic, but we can always count on a special time in the evening that makes everything a bit more tolerable. What time is that? Wine o’clock, of course! We all love our satisfying glass of red wine, but it’s time to change things up with these 3-Ingredient Wine Fudge treats.
Made of dark chocolate, heavy cream, and of course, red wine, these chocolate cubes are rich in fudgey goodness and melt deliciously in your mouth. Make this simple recipe earlier in the day to have them ready in time to pop into your mouth during your evening of relaxation. Better yet: invite a few friends over after tucking the kids into bed to enjoy these cubes of sweet heaven with you!
Editor’s Note: Babble participates in affiliate commission programs, including with Amazon, which means that we receive a share of revenue from purchases you make from the links on this page.
3-Ingredient Wine Fudge
adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie
Makes: ~15 servings
- 12 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons red wine
- Straws (like these from Amazon)
- Silicon ice cube tray (like this from Amazon)
- Combine the chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30-second bursts, stirring between each, until the chocolate is melted and smooth for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
- Stir in the wine.
- Divide the melted chocolate mixture, filling the molds just to the top. Tap the tray on the counter after they are filled to release air bubbles.
- Cut paper straws in half and place one into each chocolate cube mold. Freeze for at least 4 hours before removing from mold.