Ready for a seriously simple kitchen shortcut? Head on down to your grocery store, grab some prepared pizza dough, and pop it in your slow cooker. That (plus a few ingredients up top) is all you need to make your own focaccia bread at home.
A warm, rich Italian-inspired side, focaccia pairs beautifully with soups and stews. It’s a great way to add rustic flavor and home-baked heartiness to any meal.
The recipe below is our family’s favorite flavor combo. But there are dozens of ways to top focaccia bread. Here are a few other ideas to toss on top of your dough before cooking:
- olives + garlic
- sundried tomatoes + basil
- pesto + sliced tomatoes
- roasted garlic + parmesan
- diced jalapenos + cheddar
- spinach + garlic + chopped artichoke hearts
Pick your favorite flavor combo, follow the quick and simple recipe below, and you’ll have a loaf of this gorgeous bread ready by dinner!
Crock-Pot Focaccia Bread
Makes: 6 servings
2 cups prepared pizza dough (can be found at your local grocery store)
1/2 cups tomatoes, diced
1/2 small white onions, finely sliced
2 tablespoon fresh rosemary
1/3 cup olive oil
sea salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Spray a 5-6 quart Crock-Pot with nonstick baking spray. Press pizza dough into the Crock-Pot. Top with tomatoes, onions, and rosemary. Drizzle with 1/4 cup of olive oil, and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
2. Cover Crock-Pot and cook on low for 3-4 hours*, or just until the center of the bread springs back when touched lightly.
3. Remove and cool slightly. Serve slices drizzled with remaining olive oil. Enjoy!
*NOTE: Every Crock-Pot cooks differently, so if this is your first time making the recipe, it’s recommended that you stay close to your slow cooker, checking the progress of your focaccia at the 2-hour point, and every half-hour after, until baked through.More On