Sweet potato fries are available in the freezer section of most grocers nowadays. And while you could just follow the directions on the back of the package and bake them until crisp, why not turn those frozen sticks into gourmet works of art? Here are five easy ways to dress up a basic bag of frozen sweet potato fries.
1. Make It Sweet. Sprinkle a bit of cinnamon and turbinado sugar with a dash of salt over your fries as soon as they come out of the oven. Just the perfect amount of sweet and savory flavor for those fries!
2. Go Garden Fresh. Sprinkle your frozen fries with fresh chopped rosemary, ground pepper and sea salt. Drizzle a bit of olive oil on top before baking according to package directions.
3. Hurry! Hurry! Make it with Curry! Toss a teaspoon of curry and a handful of finely shredded coconut on top of your fries just before baking.
4. Get Garlicky. Try this recipe for Garlic and Fried Sage fries. Totally, incredibly,simple and splendid.
5. Taste the Caribbean. Toss a bit of Caribbean Jerk Seasoning on top of your frozen fries. Bake according to package directions, then serve with a bit of peach jam mixed with a smidgen of mayonnaise. A simple, creamy dipping sauce!