7 Wacky, Wild, and Over-the-top Ice Cream Flavors for AugustKelsey Banfield
With the last few weeks of summer upon us I have been craving ice cream like crazy. It is like my body wants me to fit in as much extra ice cream as I can before the official season is over. I’ve found some crazy listings for ice cream flavors on the web that I thought were worth sharing with you. While many of them do not appeal to me, they might to others. I wish the ice creams had come with pictures but most of them did not! (Maybe for a good reason?) Check them out after the jump!
1. Candied Bacon Ice Cream: I will be the first to admit that I really like candied bacon. Adding it to ice cream, however, seems like a whole different story. Check out this interesting recipe from David Lebovitz; you might just want to give it a go!
2. Sushi Ice Cream: These little ice cream cakes kind of freak me out. Would you enjoy eating one? To be fair, it doesn’t taste like real sushi.
3. Cigar & Smoked-Caramel Ice Cream: I know! I did a double take when I read about that flavor too. I don’t like the taste of cigars so this is not for me, but maybe someone would enjoy it? Would you?
4. Parmesan Ice Cream: This is savory ice cream by Ferran Adria seems quite interesting, though not what I would chose for dessert. It might be interesting served with a main meal though!
5. Spaghetti & Cheese Ice Cream: I imagine I would prefer the regular spaghetti dinner much more than this ice cream version. However, I applaud the recipe developer for thinking outside the box!
6. Sardine Ice Cream: According to this article, Heston Blumenthal of the Fat Duck Restaurant in England has developed a sardine ice cream flavor. I would imagine this would take a lot of guts to try; it is probably meant to be paired with one of his amazing menus.
7. Cold Sweat Ice Cream: This sounds totally and completely bizarre. I seriously don’t know why anyone would name a recipe after perspiration!