All-Natural Green Mashed Potatoes for St. Patrick’s Day!Jane Maynard
As St. Patrick’s Day draws near, I am experimenting more with my new natural green food coloring made form spinach. The latest experiment mashed potatoes!The food coloring worked great in the potatoes. I will admit that the potatoes were not quite as creamy as my mashed potatoes normally are, but they still tasted great and they were really cute. Since the need to color our mashed potatoes green only comes around once a year, it’s worth the less creamy texture for the fun color!
All-Natural Green Mashed Potatoes
- 3 medium-sized russet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all-natural green food coloring
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut into uniform sized chunks and boil over medium-high heat until they are easily pierced with a knife. Drain.
- Mix together the butter, food coloring and cream and warm on the stove or in the microwave.
- Add liquid mixture along with salt and pepper to the potatoes and beat on high with a mixer or hand blender.