Way back when I was living in NYC right after college, I had the world’s smallest kitchen, which included the world’s smallest oven. I could barely fit a quarter size cookie sheet in there. As a result, I started baking lots of stuff on the stovetop. One of the things I loved to bake was cookies on the stovetop. I had forgotten about doing this until recently, when some girls currently living in NYC asked me if baking on the stovetop was even possible. Of course it is! This is how to do it and six cookie recipes that would work well.
How to Bake Cookies on the Stovetop:
1. Prepare your desired cookie dough. For these cookies I made the Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies recipe from the back of the Nestle Chips bag, but I’ve shared more great recipes below!
2. Put a tiny shaving of butter in a non-stick skillet and warm over medium heat until the butter is melted. Swirl it to coat the bottom of the pan.
3. Roll a tablespoon full of dough in your hands and place it in the pan. Place about 4 or 5 balls in the pan at least 2-inches apart. Press the cookies down slightly with a spatula. Cover the pan with a lid and bake for about 5 minutes. Be careful to keep the heat low so the butter doesn’t burn off. If you need to lower the heat, please do so. Then, lift the cover and flip the cookies over with a spatula. Bake again for another 5 minutes with the pan covered.
4. Remove the cookies and place them on a rack to cool slightly. Enjoy!
1. CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Nothing beats a classic chocolate chip cookie. Try this one on the stovetop and your whole kitchen will smell wonderful!
Make classic chocolate chip cookies
2. WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP CHOCOLATE COCONUT COOKIES
This more exotic cookie is full of interesting flavors and will impress your guests!
Make chocolate cookies with white chips and coconut
3. BROWNED BUTTER OATMEAL TOFFEE COOKIES
These gorgeous burnished cookies are a cinch to make and are great for friends when they pop over!
Make browned butter oatmeal toffee cookies
4. PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
Gorgeous golden peanut butter cookies are always a hit. Try these super soft cookies today and you’ll be in love!
Make peanut butter cookies
5. BLUEBERRY OATMEAL COOKIES
These awesome cookies are filled with blueberries instead of chocolate chips – perfect for the season!
Make blueberry oatmeal cookies