Editor’s Note: Babble is a part of The Walt Disney Company.
Mix ingredients you likely have in your kitchen to create this nutritious twist on a traditional Italian recipe. Enjoy this dish alongside a warm cup of coffee for breakfast, as a midday snack, or even for dessert. It’s the perfect treat for the whole family to enjoy this autumn.
Torta de Mele
Makes: 8 servings
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 golden delicious apples, diced
- Cooking spray
- Optional: apple slices
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs and honey together.
- Add in milk and apple sauce then whisk together.
- Add in flour and baking powder then mix.
- Fold in apples.
- Spray cake pan with cooking spray and pour in cake batter. Top with apple slices.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Enjoy!