Blackberry Lime Pie for Mother’s Daykathypatalsky
Treat mom this Mother’s Day with this sweet and vibrant Blackberry Lime Pie. Juicy sweet blackberries, a few fresh strawberries and a hint of lime, to make things interesting. For the crust, you can use my homemade recipe or make things super easy by using a pre-made crust. Grab some fresh spring berries and make this delicious vegan dessert for mom – or anyone you love!..
Vegan Blackberry Lime Pie
makes one pie, vegan
2 Tbsp vegan buttery spread, softened
2 Tbsp flour
1/2 cup sugar, organic *
1 1/2 Tbsp arrowroot powder (the more natural version of corn starch)
2 Tbsp lime juice + pinch of zest
3 cups fresh blackberries
2 cups fresh strawberries
1 pie crust – vegan pie crust recipe on Healthy. Happy. Life.
spelt flour crust was used in the photos
*Tip: for vegan dessert recipes use organic sugar – find out why in this quick tip video on Healthy Happy Life
*prepare your crust according to recipe, link above – or pull a pre-made crust.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Add all the filling ingredients to a large bowl. Toss well. Allow to sit for a few minutes while you work on your crust.
3. Roll out dough – use two separate balls of pre-made crusts for a lattice design.
4. Pour filling into bottom layer crust.
5. Roll out second ball and slice into thin strips – you can do this using a pre-made crust as well.
6. Apple top layer crust strips in a lattice design.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Then turn heat down to 350 and bake for another 20-30 minutes. If the crust starts to burn, ass foil to the edges.
Allow at least 3 hours for pie to cool before serving. Store in the fridge.
Read more from Kathy on her blog, Healthy. Happy. Life!
Don’t miss the latest from Family Kitchen – Like Us on Facebook!
More on Family Kitchen: