They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but there’s no reason that it can’t also be delicious! Blueberry muffins are an American classic. Just the mere thought of them can take you right back to your childhood, sitting at the kitchen table with a big glass of milk. For the modern, health-conscious mom, I thought it might be fun to make a smoothie inspired by this dreamy pastry but without the calories.
Enter, the Blueberry Muffin Smoothie — complete with a mini muffin and crumbs on top. It’s so fun to make for summer mornings while your little ones are on break or even for the morning of a slumber party! They’ll love the muffin garnish and you’ll love that they’re starting the day with a healthy breakfast!
Blueberry Muffin Smoothie
- 1/2 cup milk (almond, soy, or regular)
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1 (individually-sized) container vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup vanilla-flavored granola or oats
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 dash lemon zest
- 1/4 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 mini blueberry muffin
- Whipped topping (optional)
- Place all of your ingredients in a blender, in no particular order. Blend until smooth.
- If you feel like adding a little something extra, blend some mini muffins in your food processor to crumble on top of the smoothie over some whipped cream.
- Use an adorable paper straw as a skewer for your mini muffin.