No matter how old, everyone loves a good ol’ classic root beer float. There’s something about the mixture of creamy vanilla ice cream soaked in a sweet fizzy beverage that gets us all every time. What could be better? This Boozy Root Beer Float.
It’s our same beloved favorite, but with an added kick of dark rum and topped with a root beer and cherry drizzle. This is sure to be our new favorite cocktail!
Boozy Root Beer Float
- 1 1/2 cups root beer, divided
- 1/2 ounce cherry liqueur
- 1 1/2 ounces dark rum
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 1 maraschino cherry
- Reduce 1 cup of root beer in a pot over high heat for about 30 minute, or until root beer reaches a thick consistency. (Make sure to occasionally stir to keep it from burning.)
- Take off heat. Quickly mix cherry liqueur in the reduction for the drizzle.
- Mix rum and 1/2 ounce root beer in glass.
- Add scoop of ice cream.
- Drizzle root beer reduction and cherry liqueur mixture.
- Top with maraschino cherry. Enjoy!