We love tater tots. You love tater tots. Our kids love tater tots. The delicious crunchy outside and soft inside is like a comforting harm hug.
We have a healthy alternative so the whole family can eat tater tots every single day (well, almost). These Broccoli Tater Tots are a genius way to sneak more veggies into your kids’ diet (and yours too).
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease a baking sheet with a thin layer of oil.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for 1 minute.
- Remove and shock with cold water to stop the cooking process, drain well.
- Run the broccoli and onion through the food processor.
- Remove and squeeze out excess moisture with a paper towel.
- Mix broccoli mixture with the egg, cheddar, breadcrumbs, and seasonings.
- Scoop about a tablespoon of mix and gently press between your hands into a firm ball, then form into a tater tot shape. Repeat with all of your tots.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 18-24 minutes, turning halfway through.