Remember the simple pleasure of cereal milk? After a whole bowl of sugary frosted flakes or rainbow colored crunchy loops, you’re left with a bowl of tinted, lightly sweetened milk — the yummiest part of the entire snack!
Inspired by the delicious final slurps of a breakfast bowl, we set out to create a fun way to enjoy cereal milk all day long. And this tea-inspired, cereal-infused milk is it! A fun way to add a little color and flavor to your afternoon snack, here’s how to make your own cereal milk tea bags.
- Zip-top bag
- Number 1 coffee filter, unfilled tea bag, cheesecloth, or metal tea infuser
- Baking twine (optional)
- Tag (optional)
- Begin by crushing your favorite kind of cereal in a small zip-top baggie. Any cereal that makes good “cereal milk” will make a delicious cereal milk tea. Just be sure you’ve finely crushed whatever flavor you’re using to maximize the amount of cereal for steeping.
- Grab a box of number one coffee filters or unfilled tea bags. You can also use a small piece of cheesecloth or metal tea infusers.
- Scoop the crushed cereal in your filter or tea bag. Then fold the top down and staple it closed. If desired, add a small piece of baking twine to the top with a little tag. Label as desired, then store in an airtight container until it’s time to enjoy.
- As soon as you’re ready for some cereal milk, simply pour a glass of milk over your cereal “tea” bag and allow to soak in the milk for about 15 minutes, or until your milk is exactly the flavor you love.
- Once soaked (or “steeped”) to your liking, toss the tea bag and enjoy that flavored cereal milk with a few graham crackers for dipping! A deliciously fun and simple way to upgrade snack time to cereal time!