Cheese and Pretzel SweepersSheri Silver
“And the sweeping and the dusting; they always keep her hopping.”
It always bummed me out that a broom was her most frequently used accessory. And even though I know how the story ends, I still feel a twinge every time I see her sweeping up after her horrible family (not to mention that cat Lucifer).
But not with these brooms.
No — these adorable sweepers make me smile — especially when I see them fly off the plate when I serve them to my kids and their friends.
Healthy, easy to assemble and a perfect after school snack?
I’d call that a “clean sweep”….
Cheese and Pretzel “Sweepers”
Each serves 1
- Reduced sodium string cheese
- Whole wheat pretzel sticks
- Chives (optional)
- Cut each string cheese in half crosswise; cut each half in half again, lengthwise.
- Using a small sharp knife, slice thin strips 3/4 of the way up the length of each piece of cheese – gently “fan” out the strips.
- Insert a pretzel in the top of each piece of cheese and tie with a chive if desired.