Prepare to have all of your food dreams come true with the ultimate cheese and tater tot crossover dish — because honestly, who doesn’t love both?
This Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole uses these key ingredients, baked to crisp and warm perfection, to create an easy recipe that’ll leave you drooling with every bite. It even includes a secret ingredient that’ll bring back fond ’90s memories — cheese balls. This casserole is the perfect side dish for the holidays that everyone will enjoy, including the picky eaters.
Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole
- Two 32-ounce bags frozen tater tots
- 2 cups milk
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheese balls or puffs, crushed
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Bake tater tots for 20 minutes.
- Once baked, use half of the tater tots to line the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Pour half of the milk over the tater tots.
- Spread half of the cheddar cheese across the top. Then add all of the cheese balls.
- Add another layer of tater tots, then the remaining milk and cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Enjoy!