Is the big football game a must-see in your house? If you’re anything like me then you must have a menu to go with your sports viewing. I usually have a bunch of appetizers and finger foods on hand, but this year I will be making cherry chipotle chicken wings…. Oh my word. I made them the other day, and have already made another batch since. I would be too crazy not to share them with my friends and family as we cheer on our favorite football team on Feb. 2nd. Give them a test run and fall in love.
Ingredients for cherry chipotle chicken wings:
- 3- lbs chicken wings and drumettes
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon ground pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 5 cups vegetable oil
- 1/2 – cup “Not Ketchup” Cherry Chipotle
- Run chicken under cold water, then dry chicken with a paper towel. Place in a bowl.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add chicken to flour / dry ingredients mixture. Make sure all chicken pieces are coated in flour mixture. Place on a rack for flour mixture to settle in for about 5 minutes.
- In a large frying pan over a medium -high flame, heat oil and allow to get hot.
- Fry chicken for 14 minutes or until cooked well.
- Remove from oil and set to the side.
- In a bowl add cherry chipotle sauce. Then toss wings in sauce.
- Place on a plate and eat hot.
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.