Chia pudding could be the best thing that’s ever happened to us! Why? Well, for starters, it’s extremely quick and easy to prepare. Furthermore, it is high in omega-3 fatty acids, delivers a massive amount of nutrients, and is packed with antioxidants. Chia seed pudding can be eaten for breakfast, as a snack, or for dessert — there is such versatility brought to the table! It’s the perfect recipe for you and your family, especially if you tend to be in a time crunch every morning.
Basic Chia Pudding
- 2 cups non-dairy milk (coconut, cashew, or almond)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- Add all of the ingredients except for the chia seeds into a medium mixing bowl or blender pitcher.
- Whisk or blend the ingredients together until smooth.
- Whisk in the chia seeds.
- Pour chia seed mixture into a glass jar and transfer to the refrigerator to set for at least 6-8 hours. Overnight is best!
Helpful Hint: When making different flavors, be sure to add these ingredients into the liquid before whisking in the chia seeds. This will prevent the flavor add-ins from spreading out unevenly.
Strawberries ‘n Cream
1/2 cup diced strawberries + 1/4 cup freeze dried strawberries + whipped cream
1 sliced ripe banana + 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tablespoons nut butter + 3 tablespoons berry jam
1/2 cup diced peaches + 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Mexican Hot Chocolate
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder + 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper + 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 peeled and diced apple + 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon + 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg