Is it a cookie, is it a brownie, is it a bar? I’m not sure but I do know that it’s GOOD. We’re opting to call it a chocolate chip cookie dough brownie bar for the sake of argument. My kids decided they wanted to try a hybrid dessert and voila. It’s the best of the cookie and brownie world put together. All in one chunky chocolatey bite. If you wanted to take a few short-cuts and use pre-made mixes we won’t tell!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownie Bars
NOTE: In addition to the brownie and cookie dough you will need 9 double stuff oreo cookies
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 stick unsalted butter room temperature
2 large fresh eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
What to do:
1. Into a mixing bowl add: flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder. Using a whisk, mix together & set aside.
2. Into your stand mixer add: sugar, butter. Mix together until creamy. Add in eggs one at a time. Mix well. Add vanilla. GRADUALLY add in your flour mixture until it’s well combined. Batter should be thick and sticky.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour sifted
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 sticks unsalted butter softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1.5 teaspoons PURE vanilla extract
2 large eggs room temperature
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chip morsels
What to do:
1. Add: flour, baking soda and salt into a bowl. Mix together with whisk. Set aside.
2. In your mixer beat butter until creamy and fluffy. Add: sugar, vanilla extract. Mix well. Add eggs (1 at a time) mix well. Gradually add flour mixture. Mix. Fold in chocolate chips with spatula.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray an 8 x 8 ovenproof dish with cooking spray. Spoon cookie dough batter into dish and spread evenly. Top with oreo cookies. Spoon brownie batter on top and evenly distribute.
3. Bake for approximately 35-45 minutes until brownies begin to pull from sides and pass the toothpick test. Allow bars to cool completely before slicing.