With the weather cooling down, I was more than happy to break out the hot cocoa mugs last week. Autumn comfort food, here we come! And, what better comfort food that this quick and easy mug cake that tastes just like chocolate chip cookie dough, and can be microwaved in less than two minutes? After testing, trying, and tweaking, here is our family-favorite version of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough mug cake. All you need is a mug, a microwave, and a scoopful of ice cream!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Mug Cake
- 1 egg
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 Tablespoon softened butter
- 3-4 Tablespoons of mini chocolate chips
- ice cream (optional)
- Crack an egg into your mug.
- Add 3 Tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Toss in 1/3 cup of flour and 1 Tablespoon of softened butter.
- Add 3-4 Tablespoons of mini chocolate chips to top it all off.
- Mix your cake together with a spoon.
- Microwave your cake for 1 1/2-2 minutes, or just until the top center of the cake has set. Serve with a dollop of ice cream and enjoy!