Need a quick and easy chocolaty treat to make with your kiddos for Valentine’s Day? I suggest making these Chocolate Honey Truffle Cups. I had the cutest little mini cupcake liners and sprinkles from Crate&Barrel that my sweet friend Nancy (A Communal Table) gave to me for my birthday, so I decided to use them and make a sweet Valentine’s day treat with my girls.
We heated some whipping cream and honey together, then poured it over some chocolate chips, stirred it until creamy and glossy, then poured it into the mini liners that we had put in a mini muffin tin. Then we sprinkled some of the Valentine’s Day colored sprinkles on top, and put them in the fridge to chill for several hours.
These little bites are soft, rich, and creamy with great depth of flavor from the addition of the honey. Not only are they fun to make, but they are fun to eat too! They are softer than a traditional French truffle, but slightly firmer than chocolate mousse.
Chocolate Honey Truffles
Makes 16 truffles
7 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces (approximately 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon chocolate chips)
3 ounces heavy cream
1 tablespoon honey
Colored sprinkles for garnish
1. Line 16 mini muffin cups with mini cupcake liners; set aside. Place the chocolate pieces in a liquid measuring cup.
2. Put the cream and honey in a small saucepan and bring to a strong simmer over medium-high heat.
3. Remove the saucepan from the heat and pour the cream mixture over the chocolate. Let it stand for a couple of minutes, and then slowly stir or whisk everything together until smooth and glossy.
4. Fill the cupcake liners with the chocolate, then sprinkle the tops with sprinkles. Refrigerate for 3 hours, or until set.
More Valentine’s Day Food Ideas:
- Chocolate recipes you’ll fall in love with
- Heart-shaped foods
- V-day treats for kids
- Romantic recipes