Mom-to-be Chrissy Teigen has the perfect treat for expecting moms and their guests: Birthday Cake Popcorn. She shows off her fabulous recipe on FABLife‘s baby shower extravaganza episode.
All you’ll need are five ingredients and a little love. And you’ll have a snack that tastes better than cake (yes, we’re serious) but with a fraction of the effort!
Watch the how-to video and read on for the step-by-step recipe.
Birthday Cake Popcorn
Makes: 8 cups
- 1 1/4 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup boxed yellow cake mix
- 3 tablespoons all blue jimmies
- 2 teaspoons multicolored nonpareils (tiny round sprinkles)
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt, such as Maldon
- Arrange popcorn in a single layer on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Put the chips in a glass bowl and microwave on high until smooth, stirring every 45 seconds, about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes total.
- Whisk in the cake batter and jimmies with a fork and drizzle all over the popcorn.
- Gently toss the mixture to get it all incorporated, then sprinkle with the nonpareils and the sea salt. Cool and serve.
Watch FABLife weekdays. Check your local listings for time and channel.