Start your Cinco de Mayo holiday off right — with this Tropical Lime fruit Salad. Lets face it, you’ll be feasting on a fiesta spread later today (cheese, beans, rice, tortillas, quesadillas, burritos and more!) — so why not start off with something light and healthy. Fresh mango, grapefruit, crisp apples, sweet melon, a hint of spicy cayenne and a generous dose of refreshing lime flavor. Get this fast, easy recipe and have an energized morning!
This light and zing-y fruit salad will be perfect paired with a Mexican-spiced hot cocoa or mocha — and maybe a light breakfast burrito or quesadilla.
Cinco de Mayo Tropical Lime Fruit Salad
Makes: 4 servings
- 3 limes, squeezed
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 cantaloupe, thinly sliced
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 small apple, diced
- 1/2 white grapefruit, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh white grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- Option: 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (about 5 dashes)
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and toss well.
- Chill for at least ten minutes before serving.
- Add a few dashes of cayenne and a pinch of lime zest over top for a pretty orange/green-colored accent.