Cocoa Cardamom Cashew Coconut Cakekathypatalsky
Cocoa and cardamon flavor combo? Who knew it was so delicious! This vegan Cocoa Cardamom Cashew Coconut Cake was quite a treat paired with a steamy holiday soy latte. Rich chocolate chips and cocoa-infused cake is accented with spices including cardamom, ginger and cinnamon. Plenty of cashew butter swirled over top and a kiss of coconut. Grab this recipe and make it a new holiday favorite..
Cocoa Cardamom Cashew Coconut Cake
vegan, fills one 8″ square baking dish (or other with different cooking time)
2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 tsp ground cardamom
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2-3 Tbsp sweetened cocoa mix (add more for a deeper, sweeter chocolate flavor)
3/4 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
2 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 cups water
3/4-1 cup safflower (vegetable) oil
Cashew Swirl: 3 Tbsp cashew butter + 1 Tbsp maple syrup (warmed to a swirlable consistency)
Topping: 1/4 cup coconut flakes
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the dry ingredients including the flour, salt, spices, baking soda and cocoa mix.
3. Fold in the sugar, oil and water until a smooth batter is reached. You can do this easily by a brisk hand stir.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Lastly, fold in the vinegar and this will activate a natural fluffing process.
6. Pour the batter into a greased cake pan.
7. Grab your cashew mixture and swirl it into the top of the cake batter. Add coconut over top.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cake comes out clean.
9. Cool before slicing to serve.
Pairs perfectly with a vegan holiday latte!