Coconut Milk Brown Rice Pudding with Caramelkathypatalsky
Sometimes I forget how much I love rice pudding. That is until I eat a warm creamy spoonful of it and my mouth and body fills with bliss. For one thing, it is super easy to make. Especially if you are using leftover rice — as I suggest for this recipe. Rice pudding is also very versatile and ranks high on the “cozy desserts” scale. Warm, creamy, infused with cinnamon, coconut and sweet agave flavors — this Coconut Milk Brown Rice Pudding drizzled in easy chia caramel is your new go-to recipe for a cozy sweet bowl. Serve it for dessert or even as a sweet breakfast! Try this dessert to crave — and feel good about!
Coconut Milk Brown Rice Pudding
3 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
1 cup coconut milk (light or full fat) — for a lighter pudding sub with non-dairy
1/2 cup non-dairy milk (use more for a thinner pudding)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp raisins or another dried fruit (optional)
2-3 Tbsp agave or maple syrup
1 tsp vegan butter
Drizzle over top: 1-2 Tbsp coconut or non-dairy milk. And chia caramel.
1. Heat a soup pout to medium high.
2. Add all ingredients to pot. Stir continuoulsy and bring to a boil.
3. Turn heat to medium and continue to simmer until most of the coconut milk has been absorbed. Add more liquid if you like a softer rice pudding with more hydrated rice.
4. Allow to cool 2-5 minutes before serving. This will allow the pudding to firm up and cool a bit.
5. Serve with chia caramel and cinnamon over top.
Read more from Kathy on Kathy’s blog, Healthy. Happy. Life!
Don’t miss the latest from Family Kitchen – Like Us on Facebook!
More on Family Kitchen: