Cooking Shortcuts: Two-Ingredient Nutella Brownies!Sheri Silver
Welcome to “Shortcuts” — where I share fun and easy recipes that take advantage of pre-made and packaged ingredients!
Yes, you read correctly — TWO INGREDIENTS.
I know, I was a total skeptic, too.
But I’m here to tell you that with just a jar of Nutella and four eggs, you can whip up a batch of brownies that are really, really good. And how about gluten-free, too?
The trick is to beat the HECK out of the eggs – like, for a really long time. That extra time in the mixer creates the volume needed to make up for the lack of flour and other traditional leavening agents.
I’ve also found that a dusting of confectioners sugar gives a subtle boost of sweetness that is lacking otherwise. Feel free to omit this ingredient if you prefer.
So what are you waiting for? I know you have some Nutella in your cabinet (doesn’t everybody?!).
Two-Ingredient Nutella Brownies
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup Nutella
- confectioners sugar (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F. Spray an 8″ x 8″ baking pan with cooking spray. Line the pan with a parchment “sling,” so the ends hang over the sides. Lightly spray again.
- Using the whisk attachment, beat the eggs in your mixer on medium-high speed for 8 minutes. The eggs should be tripled in volume and pale yellow in color.
- While the eggs are whisking, warm the Nutella in your microwave for 1 minute. Give it a stir and let it cool till warm (but not to room temperature).
- With the mixer at low speed, slowly pour the warm Nutella into the bowl, mixing just till combined. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the bowl and incorporate any last bits of Nutella into the eggs. Immediately transfer to your prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or till a cake tester comes out clean.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Using the parchment sling as an aide, transfer to a cutting board and cut into squares. Dust with confectioners sugar if using.
- Serve brownies or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week