Corn Jalapeño Bacon Cheddar SconesNicole Presley
Mommas across the universe are waiting for Mother’s Day. Some are wanting fancy handbags and others are looking forward to the day at the spa. Some Moms want a day to squeeze their children tight and have a nice meal. If this is the case, a group of friends and I put together a free bi-lingual (English and Spanish) Mother’s Day E-book with a collection of different recipes you can make for Momma. I decided to post one of my recipes I have in the book here. Every Mom loves scones…. This Mom just happens to like them savory and spicy.
- 1 1/2 – cups yellow corn meal
- 2 – cups flour
- 1/2 – teaspoon baking soda
- 1 – tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 – cup sugar
- 1/2 – teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 – sticks butter (cold, and cut into tablespoons)
- 1 1/2 – cups cheddar cheese (grated)
- 9 – strips of bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 – cup buttermilk
- 1 – jalapeno (cut into thin strips)
- peach jam and butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Line 2 baking sheets with non-stick baking mats
- In a food processor: add corn meal, flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Pulse to combine.
- Add in butter and pulse till completely combined and grainy.
- Remove mixture from food processor, and place in a large bowl. Then mix in cheese and bacon. Mix well.
- In the center of the mixture make a hole by pushing the mixture towards the walls of the bowl. Then pour the buttermilk into the center.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until combined. Let the mixture rest for 10 minutes.
- With two hands shape dough into 2 inch balls, then place on the baking sheets 2 inches apart from one another.
- Top each scone with a jalapeno slice on top.
- Place scones in the oven and reduce the heat to 375. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve with peach jam and butter
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.
To take a look at the E-book click on the photo below!