When it comes to nachos, it may seem nothing can beat those plastic ballpark boxes of chips and gooey cheese, but trust me these can — homemade nachos, made cowboy-style! Bright yellow tortilla rounds are topped with all the big, burly cowboy favorites: beef, pinto beans, spicy cheese, and so much cilantro. They’ll make you kick up your spurs in a yeehaw. Layered like lasagna so every bite is covered with toppings and drizzled with a savory BBQ sauce, these nachos are hearty enough to feed a crowd of hungry cowfolk.
Making this recipe is as easy as pie. Layer chips, then toss meat and beans on top. Drizzle with barbecue sauce and sprinkle with buckets of shredded, spicy cheddar jack cheese. Toss toppings on top of your cheese — this will give your nachos that irresistible layered look. Then layer on more chips and do it all over again! Double decker cowboy nachos!
Once you’ve tossed your nachos into the oven and baked them to gooey, golden perfection, they’re ready for snackin’! Tuck a kerchief in your necktie and dive in! One batch will feed nearly a dozen junior ranch hands. For grown-up cowboys, one plate will feed about six.
This is a great recipe for parties, game night dinners, and lazy Saturday afternoons. Prep all the toppings beforehand for extra quick ease of preparation, then layer, bake, and enjoy. This is one recipe so good, you’ll have the whole family hootin’ and hollerin’ for more!
Makes: 6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 8 ounces round corn chips
- 2 cups cooked shredded or ground beef
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 cups shredded pepper jack
- 1 cup roasted corn
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Place half of the chips on a large oven-safe plate.
- Top with half of the beef, pinto beans, drizzle of barbecue sauce, shredded cheese, corn, tomatoes, onions, olives, and cilantro. Salt lightly.
- Place another layer of chips on top, then layer with the second half of the toppings.
- Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Garnish with additional fresh cilantro, if desired.