Cozy Cone Motel Lettuce CupsNicole Presley
Thanks to Disney Magic of Healthy Living for sponsoring this post. Watch their fun for the whole family new video series Dishes Inspired by Disney and click here to get more healthy, magical recipes inspired by your favorite Disney movies.
Last night in my dreams I found myself in the movie Cars. I was staying at the Cozy Cone Motel, and there was a honk at the door. I lazily pulled the covers away from my body to get out of the comfortable bed and make my way to the door. As I opened the door I realized the sun was setting, and I had to think was I asleep the whole day or had I taken a nap?” A dish zoomed into my room on a plate with wheels attached, and plopped itself on the table. A gorgeous array of lettuce cups called my name, and as I bit into them I knew the second I woke up from this dream, I would have to make them in real life.
Cozy Cone Motel Lettuce Cups:
- 1 – head of romaine lettuce (washed and separated)
- 1 – tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 – cup onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 – cup grated carrot
- 1/4 – cup celery (finely chopped)
- 1 – tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 – teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 – tablespoon fresh ginger (chopped into smallest bits)
- 1 – pound ground lean ground chicken
- 1/2 – cup cooked quinoa
- Low sodium soy sauce
- white vinegar
- Wash and separate lettuce leaves and set to the side.
- In a large frying pan over a medium flame add in olive oil, and allow to get hot.
- Saute onion, carrot and celery for 7 minutes.
- Add in garlic, sesame seeds, ginger, and lean ground chicken. Cook for 15 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and broken up into little pieces.
- Remove chicken mixture from pan and place in a bowl, add in cooked quinoa, and mix to combine.
- Fill each lettuce cup with two heaping tablespoons of chicken mixture.
- Pour a 1/4 teaspoon of each low sodium soy sauce and white vinegar over the top of each lettuce cup.
This recipe was inspired by the video for Lightning McQueen’s Balsamic Motor Oil Chicken from Disney’s new series Dishes Inspired by Disney. Check out the video below:
[videopost src=’https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kOH53FsasY&feature=share&list=PLoBrweoVzpIDmRPg-BVVAkCLV_KegQANc’]For the full Lightning McQueen’s Balsamic Motor Oil Chicken recipe, visit Spoonful!
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.