When it comes to hosting a party, appetizers are everything! Whip up this simple crescent roll hack that all guests will love — both the meat lovers and vegetarians. The secret to these delicious Spiral Party Rolls is in their sweet glaze. It turns a simple can of crescent dough into gourmet hors d’oeuvres.
Spiral Party Rolls
Makes: 12 rolls
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 6 thin slices deli ham
- 6 extra thin slices Swiss cheese
- 1 cup spinach
- 6 slices cheddar
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon seeded mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Unroll the pizza dough onto a cutting board and press into a rectangle.
- Top one half with ham and Swiss cheese and the other with spinach and cheddar cheese. Leave 2 inches of space in between the two toppings.
- Roll up the crescent dough tightly and pinch the seam together when you reach the end.
- Cut into 12 1-inch slices and arrange in a baking dish.
- To make the glaze combine the butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, poppy seeds, and seeded mustard in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Whisk until the butter is melted and the glaze is smooth and combines. Pour over the rolls.
- Bake for 25 minutes.