Cocoa cravings are a part of fall bliss. This dairy-free Dark Chocolate Maple Cocoa is one of my favorite go-to recipes that helps me satisfy my cocoa craving. Rich dark chocolate cacao powder blends with maple for a truly unique flavor to crave. Plus a few of my secret ingredient accents blended in as well..
Dark Chocolate Maple Cocoa
Makes: 1 serving
- 8-10 ounces soy milk, vanilla (or use almond, rice or another non-dairy milk)
- 1 Tbsp dark chocolate cacao powder (milk and sweetener-free)
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup (grade B is my preference for rich maple flavor)
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 2-3 dashes of cayenne
- Pinch of salt (optional)
*note: adjust maple syrup depending on how sweet or unsweetened your non-dairy milk is
- Heat the non-dairy milk in the microwave until very hot.
- Using a mesh strainer, sift in the powdered cocoa while stirring very briskly. Stir until any clumps have melted away. Place back in the microwave for a few additional seconds if needed to fully “melt” in the cocoa powder.
- Stir in the spices and maple syrup.
- Serve steamy hot. Soy, rice or coconut cream on top is optional. You could add in a shot of espresso if you’d like.