The nominees are in! Best dressed goes too … your dinner!
Your kids will love these award wieners. This simple DIY turns a plain hot dog into a tinseltown star. We lined up our dressy haute dogs on their own walk of fame in an up-cycled gold shoebox. The whole family will love this fun twist on an American classic and you’ll have plenty of time to watch who takes home the Oscar®.
- Shoebox (or medium box)
- Gold paint
- Medium foam brush
- Hot dogs
- Hot dog buns
- Silver luncheon napkins (13×13″)
- Black luncheon napkins (13×13″)
- White ribbon
- Use a kids shoebox (or other medium sized box) as a basket for your dressy dogs. We used one with a neutral base for easy painting. With a medium foam brush, paint the shoebox gold on the outside only. Let dry for at least a few hours, we recommend overnight.
- After cooking hot dog, add bun, then assemble napkin tuxedo. First make the napkin thinner by unfolding a layer lengthwise and cutting it in half widthwise. This will also give you more napkins to work with. Next, wrap them around the hot dog, stacking a black napkin on top of a silver napkin. This will create the look of a shirt and tux. Tape napkin in place under the “neckline.”
- Tie a ribbon around the wrapped hot dog, cutting it short to give the look of a bow tie.